• What does 9.5 psi of boost get you on an S85 V10? A new world record. Gintani supercharged E63 M6 puts down 710 horsepower to the wheels

      Congratulations are in order on a new S85 V10 horsepower record set by Gintani today. They took an E63 M6 with their Vortech V3si based supercharger kit to the Dynojet at Specialty Z in Chatsworth, CA and by changing the pulley to crank out 9.5 psi of boost from the supercharger the result was 710 horsepower to the wheels. This tops the previous record of 646 wheel horsepower which Gintani also set in February of this year.

      That was done with the same kit but at 6.5 psi of boost. With an increase of 3 psi and a 91 / MS109 fuel mix along with meth injection the result is another 64 wheel horsepower. That is just about 20 wheel horsepower per psi of boost increase on the same blower. Obviously you can only push so far on the stock motor before you risk the engine and see diminishing returns as the supercharger is pushed out of its efficiency range.

      It is very nice to see the S85 V10 finally showing what it is capable of with boost. A built motor with a bigger blower will likely easily eclipse the 1000 whp range but that is something which will come down the line.

      Great work by Gintani pushing the envelope as always.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: What does 9.5 psi of boost get you on an S85 V10? A new world record. Gintani supercharged E63 M6 puts down 710 horsepower to the wheels started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 39 Comments
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        WOW! Is that DynoJet SAE?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
        WOW! Is that DynoJet SAE?
        I do not know but I would guess STD.
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I do not know but I would guess STD.
        Still a beast! I don't know what the other S85 kits are throwing down, but I don't think I've seen anything else come close to 700whp...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
        Still a beast! I don't know what the other S85 kits are throwing down, but I don't think I've seen anything else come close to 700whp...
        Nobody has. This is the first to crack 700.
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        Damn that's super impressive. I wonder what the curve looks like...as I'd also like to see how big of a blower you could put on and still have a nice power curve with this engine. Of course, these things are gutless at low RPM anyway so anything is an improvement. Really great work. Damn, can you imagine this with a DCT bolted to it Click here to enlarge I want to see that on this car next. You'd have a serious weapon.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
        as I'd also like to see how big of a blower you could put on and still have a nice power curve with this engine.
        You're going to have a nice curve no matter what really with a centri. The S65 can max the smaller Vortech blowers due to its high VE let alone the S85. This motor could take a way, way larger blower than this.
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You're going to have a nice curve no matter what really with a centri. The S65 can max the smaller Vortech blowers due to its high VE let alone the S85. This motor could take a way, way larger blower than this.
        That's what I was thinking. I'm guessing this 9.5 is on stock internals, any more and I'd start to get worried, especially given the rod bearing issue. However, it would seem that a built S85 has almost unlimited potential, within reason.
      1. onisyndicate's Avatar
        onisyndicate -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
        However, it would seem that a built S85 has almost unlimited potential, within reason.
        Dinan did make a stroker kit for it. It's like 27k for it with a 20k core charge. I'd take the Stroker Crank, Due my own pistons and stuff and do a low compression build and slap that puppy on there. Plus Sleeves and Stage 3 heads from VAC it'd be no problem with 1000whp and all that torque!
      1. deemo319's Avatar
        deemo319 -
        Damn, an S85B50 with forced induction putting down 700-hp!! Oh my.
      1. 5soko's Avatar
        5soko -
        Hats off to gintani!!! Beast!
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
        Dinan did make a stroker kit for it. It's like 27k for it with a 20k core charge. I'd take the Stroker Crank, Due my own pistons and stuff and do a low compression build and slap that puppy on there. Plus Sleeves and Stage 3 heads from VAC it'd be no problem with 1000whp and all that torque!
        Yeah I remember that. A couple other companies did as well, for less than what Dinan wanted if I recall. That would definitely be the way to go, either that or just full built from all VAC parts. You'd have potential for way over 1000 whp for sure Click here to enlarge Damn I'm getting all excited just thinking of this.
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Loving it. I wanna see that graph.
      1. SpeedLimit?'s Avatar
        SpeedLimit? -
        Nice! Is this the car they took to the Shift S3ctor event with the DCT swap @Sticky?
      1. PianoProdigy's Avatar
        PianoProdigy -
        Man, I loved my E60 M5 and that V10. I bet that thing is a blast.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
        Nice! Is this the car they took to the Shift S3ctor event with the DCT swap @Sticky?
        I think so but it doesn't have the DCT Swap yet from what I understand.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
        Dinan did make a stroker kit for it. It's like 27k for it with a 20k core charge. I'd take the Stroker Crank, Due my own pistons and stuff and do a low compression build and slap that puppy on there. Plus Sleeves and Stage 3 heads from VAC it'd be no problem with 1000whp and all that torque!
        There's plenty of other sources for a stroker crank including VAC. No reason to go with Dinan at all for this.
      1. onisyndicate's Avatar
        onisyndicate -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        There's plenty of other sources for a stroker crank including VAC. No reason to go with Dinan at all for this.

        Can I have links to those please? Cause the E60 M5 or E63 M6 would probably be a car i'd seriously consider getting.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
        Can I have links to those please? Cause the E60 M5 or E63 M6 would probably be a car i'd seriously consider getting.
        Talk to @Mike@VAC
      1. Mike@VAC's Avatar
        Mike@VAC -
        $6,499 for the VAC 5.5L S85 stroker crank. As expected we have pistons, sleeves, rods, valvetrain etc.

        Side note: we will be starting a 13.5:1 300deg cammed, vanos elimination build soon....
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
        $6,499 for the VAC 5.5L S85 stroker crank. As expected we have pistons, sleeves, rods, valvetrain etc.

        Side note: we will be starting a 13.5:1 300deg cammed, vanos elimination build soon....
        That's a freaking expensive crank man!

        And that engine build sounds glorious. I hope it's so loud the M executives hear it roar.