Close

    • Preliminary Gintani Porsche 9A2 3.0 ECU tune results on a 2017 911 (991.2) Carrera - +110 lb-ft of wheel torque

      Gintani is still tuning the PorscheBoost.com project 991.2. This is a preliminary graph that gives you an idea of the difference the tune makes. Gintani believes they can add a little bit of power up top but as you can see this motor is a torque monster down low.


      Compared to GIAC's 91 octane tune Gintani does not ramp in the torque as hard down low but the peak comes at about 4200 rpm compared to 2950 giving a broader curve:


      The torque increase is 110 lb-ft over the baseline but for whatever reason the baseline is a bit lower than it was on other Mustang dynamometers while the peak horsepower is right on the money. The dyno was recently calibrated.

      Gintani is still tuning so take this as an early result but obviously there is a lot on tap from the stock 991.2 Carrera. Additionally, dyno results with cat bypass pipes from Soul Performance should come today and Gintani also plans to do a race gas tune which thus far nobody has done.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Preliminary Gintani Porsche 9A2 3.0 ECU tune results on a 2017 911 (991.2) Carrera - +110 lb-ft of wheel torque started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 53 Comments
      1. F16HTON's Avatar
        F16HTON -
        Cool, nice to see local numbers.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by F16HTON Click here to enlarge
        Cool, nice to see local numbers.
        Absolutely.

        Wanted to do an E85 tune but not sure on the fuel system limits at this stage.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Maybe I should buy a meth kit and do a meth/race gas tune?
      1. F16HTON's Avatar
        F16HTON -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Absolutely.

        Wanted to do an E85 tune but not sure on the fuel system limits at this stage.
        I'm pretty sure Gintani can calculate the percentages and see if it is safe to do a prelim tune
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Interesting to note the standard, sport, and sport plus allow for different profiles.

        Not quite like having different maps but you can start the car up and have regular power and then put it in sport / sport plus for the tuned power.
      1. quattr0's Avatar
        quattr0 -
        +50 whp...pretty good! I hope my piggy will get 40 whp once it will be done. Looks like they have sent the shop the wrong file lol
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by quattr0 Click here to enlarge
        +50 whp...pretty good!
        But look a the torque down low...
      1. quattr0's Avatar
        quattr0 -
        I know...they send the shop the wrong file for my piggy. I would be very surprise if DimSport delivers crap. There was a 991.1 Turbo the shop experienced same issue. Wrong file.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Good news gentlemen! 420 whp, 440 wtq Click here to enlarge

        They found out if you dyno in Sport and Sport Plus it makes more power. Those profiles have more aggressive boost than regular.

        You will see the baseline is stronger but look at what it is putting down now! On 91 octane, stock exhaust:

        Click here to enlarge

        Hell yeah Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by quattr0 Click here to enlarge
        +50 whp...pretty good! I hope my piggy will get 40 whp once it will be done. Looks like they have sent the shop the wrong file lol
        56 whp now Click here to enlarge
      1. Bowser330's Avatar
        Bowser330 -
        Is this stil tune and plenum only? Are the soul performance bypass pipes on?
      1. quattr0's Avatar
        quattr0 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Good news gentlemen! 420 whp, 440 wtq Click here to enlarge

        They found out if you dyno in Sport and Sport Plus it makes more power. Those profiles have more aggressive boost than regular.

        You will see the baseline is stronger but look at what it is putting down now! On 91 octane, stock exhaust:

        http://www.BoostAddict.com/images/im...screen-97.jpeg

        Hell yeah Click here to enlarge
        Amazing!!!
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
        Is this stil tune and plenum only? Are the soul performance bypass pipes on?
        Stock exhaust Click here to enlarge

        Bypass pipes go on today.
      1. Bowser330's Avatar
        Bowser330 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
        Stock exhaust Click here to enlarge

        Bypass pipes go on today.
        Good to hear, I have high expectations for this engine. can't wait to see more!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
        Good to hear, I have high expectations for this engine. can't wait to see more!
        There are going to be big, big numbers once we ditch these turbos. They are running out of steam quickly. As Porsche intended...
      1. quattr0's Avatar
        quattr0 -
        Cant wait to hear how it drives...I wonder if Gintani's undone the stock tune which smooth out like NA motors; thus explaning the huge torque gain. I hope Im not making sense.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by quattr0 Click here to enlarge
        Cant wait to hear how it drives...I wonder if Gintani's undone the stock tune which smooth out like NA motors; thus explaning the huge torque gain. I hope Im not making sense.
        The torque definitely ramps in way harder so it's not going to be as linear of a pull. Which is fine with me... I'm not going to complain about an additional 160 lb-ft at the wheels at 3800 rpm.

        I just wish the turbos had more in them up top.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Race gas tune will have to wait until Monday. Should get bypass pipe numbers before the end of the day. Fingers crossed...
      1. quattr0's Avatar
        quattr0 -
        Good stuff.
      1. nbrigdan's Avatar
        nbrigdan -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Good news gentlemen! 420 whp, 440 wtq Click here to enlarge

        They found out if you dyno in Sport and Sport Plus it makes more power. Those profiles have more aggressive boost than regular.

        You will see the baseline is stronger but look at what it is putting down now! On 91 octane, stock exhaust:

        http://www.BoostAddict.com/images/im...screen-97.jpeg

        Hell yeah Click here to enlarge
        I wonder what the implications of this are for non sport chrono cars...??? Click here to enlarge