Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ***VIDEO*** BMW E92 M3 (ESS VT-625) vs All-Motor Camaro SS (Mr. TORQ) [HD]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

yeah Lost, Squeeze did give you a real good beating with less whp than he has now. Lol and the beauty is you can do a damn thing about it lmfao!!!
    09 Nismo 370Z TWIN TURBO 12PSI 527whp 400trq 11.75 @ 127mph Sold....Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    dude seriously...sometimes i really hope your just prodding but sometimes you just sound like youve lost it
    And the last time i checked my last dyno before i blew her she made 560whp sae. So no, id beat your M all day = )
    09 Nismo 370Z TWIN TURBO 12PSI 527whp 400trq 11.75 @ 127mph Sold....Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nismo370 Click here to enlarge
    And the last time i checked my last dyno before i blew her she made 560whp sae. So no, id beat your M all day = )

His M3 is slow Nismo would have mopped the floor with him.

He can talk about 370's losing all he wants he got killed by me we all saw it 570whp. Thats right where nismo was before she blew some how the gopro was offClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Squeeze they wont respect till they get beat. LoL. All i gotta say is 600ft trq. = ) rip that M a new one lol.

TZ04XJR is offline Member
    tax it..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

His maro has always been a freak out on the street.. His old setup was no joke from the vids I've seen. Check out the M5 and M6 vids on his youtube.

@AWD75 I wish we had run back on your old Hennessey setup. My M is still down though, been 4 months Click here to enlarge Should be ready very shortly.. I'm sure we can still have a good time out on the hwy.Click here to enlarge

I'm always up around your way.. I should have run you in my loaner car Click here to enlarge
    E60 M5 SMG - Sapphire Black exterior, Black interior, Full leather, Ventilated comfort seats, Aluminum trim, Alcantara Headliner, Matte Black front/side grills, 20% window tint, Plasti Dipped Black Wheels, Hardwired 9500ix, RPI scoops(Red), Block off plates, BMC filters (c/f delete), Evolve-R Stage 2 Tune, Muffler & Secondary Cat Delete

P500s S6 DSC OFF- ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.. Unless it's wet out
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Since when do 625 kits make 570whp?

benzy89 is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Not to cause more problems, but has any1 challenged if whether or not it's an actually ESS 625 kit??

Regardless, can't get over how beautiful that matte blue wrap is on the M3 Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    420 WHP on 93 Octane | 460 WHP on E85
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Itsbrokeagain is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Since when do 625 kits make 570whp?
    If I recall, 650 kits made 570 wheel...at least thats what i remember from dyno sheets before...

Sorena is offline Senior Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    horsepower sells cars, torque wins races
    May God rest Carrol Shelby's soul in peace, but his famous statement was
    nonsense. Torque means nothing, it's the area under the power curve that matters.

What torque is good for? If we have two identical engines, the one that makes more torque in a certain rpm band, makes more power too in that power band as power and torque are somewhat related, and that's why the motor with more torque wins against the other one.

real world experience, we have a trucking company. We have a Volvo FH-16 here that has far better torque/weight ratio than M3 but in lower speeds that aerodynamic has very low effect on the brick-shaped truck, it can barely keep up with a 2 cylinder Fiat 500.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

@nismo370 , you and your car are apparantly slow, i dont know why you run your mouth, you dont have a car to back it up with, never did, never will.

@Mr.Squeeze , im still waiting on video, but from what i heard, it was a clean yanking everytime except when he started in the wrong gear, and easily pulled.

and just to be clear, you all act like there is some amazing recipe for my M to get faster. dude has more boost an d an intercooler, WHOAAAAA BUDDY!! no way i can add that.

to recap, Camaro is fast, faster than I thought. would LOVE to get a run in on him.
    Nismo370 has lost or would lose to Every BMW i own or owned, has never gone faster than, currently tried to and ended up losing his motor.
    squeeze has a very potent TT 370, capable of running with high HP M3's, but not beating, as of yet.
    Ultimate has a tq monster sitting on a high horse that will be tough to beat, but not impossible
    Sledgehammer has a car that rivals superscars and is really the benchmark performance car that any of us would be suprised to beat.
    I currently have a bargain basement supercharger kit, on an ebay built M3, and easily take a WIN if anyone above is caught slipping on their game.

HP and boost increases are being researched as we speak in case you dont pay attention

may god have mercy on your souls, because I will not

@AWD75 im in nj, your car, or one like it local?

ultimateendz is offline Member
    back

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    @nismo370 , you and your car are apparantly slow, i dont know why you run your mouth, you dont have a car to back it up with, never did, never will.

@Mr.Squeeze , im still waiting on video, but from what i heard, it was a clean yanking everytime except when he started in the wrong gear, and easily pulled.

and just to be clear, you all act like there is some amazing recipe for my M to get faster. dude has more boost an d an intercooler, WHOAAAAA BUDDY!! no way i can add that.

to recap, Camaro is fast, faster than I thought. would LOVE to get a run in on him.
    Nismo370 has lost or would lose to Every BMW i own or owned, has never gone faster than, currently tried to and ended up losing his motor.
    squeeze has a very potent TT 370, capable of running with high HP M3's, but not beating, as of yet.
    Ultimate has a tq monster sitting on a high horse that will be tough to beat, but not impossible
    Sledgehammer has a car that rivals superscars and is really the benchmark performance car that any of us would be suprised to beat.
    I currently have a bargain basement supercharger kit, on an ebay built M3, and easily take a WIN if anyone above is caught slipping on their game.

HP and boost increases are being researched as we speak in case you dont pay attention

steve you may have just started WW3 on the streets of nj with all this....lol
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

back

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

and lets not play this bargain basement stuff either...you started with an ESS 535 kit and basically upgraded everything as per ESS just not goin through them...i could have done the same thing.....parts are parts.....you just dont have a brand name on some of it.....

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    So you are telling me that heavy ass camaro with 520whp vs the lighter M3 with DCT and 570whp is faster than the ///M? Wtf?
    I've always said dyno numbers don't mean $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

you guys have no idea the hell your about unleash..

not everything, just everything you have Click here to enlarge
    LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

@LostMarine , @Mr.Squeeze , @Sledgehammer @ultimateendz I think all of you will be relatively close race wise, it will come down to the details as to who wins...unless there is a huge power disparity.

As for the runs this past weekend, the M got it plain and simple. He came setup properly to run end of story. I look forward to seeing the match up again this spring as I will be involved too Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

@LostMarine Ok so now @ 60 mph roll he was in wrong gear and get's a pass? My car going sideways from 40 MPH rolls doesn't mean a thing ?

I will say this because now it's on, get your boost we will settle this in April.

Bring the fastest M3 you can find DCT ESS 1050 kit meth NOS I dont care what it has.

Bullet will startClick here to enlarge

Sledgehammer is offline Sweeping these streets...
    broke!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

SMH... You're all crazy
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Sledgehammer is offline Sweeping these streets...
    broke!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

I cant say what my final numbers will be I am still looking for the Z06 heads to port... If I can find some then I expect my car to be silly on 14-15psi with meth, research shows combo's like make good power all over the band. Over, under and around it. But at this point I just wanna ride it can come back making 650whp for all I care I just wanna play.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

back

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    @LostMarine Ok so now @ 60 mph roll he was in wrong gear and get's a pass? My car going sideways from 40 MPH rolls doesn't mean a thing ?

I will say this because now it's on, get your boost we will settle this in April.

Bring the fastest M3 you can find DCT ESS 1050 kit meth NOS I dont care what it has.

Bullet will startClick here to enlarge
    vengeance will be right thereClick here to enlarge while doing Click here to enlarge

the war has started steve....we will see you in april

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    If I recall, 650 kits made 570 wheel...at least thats what i remember from dyno sheets before...
    Some of these make me wonder. The spikes make a ton of power at the end.

577 @ 8475 359 @ 7850 SAE (J1349) Arkym ESS-VT2650 @ 9.00 PSI, EXH-INNTCH, 93US, DCT View Thread View Chart View Details
    575 @ 8225 382 @ 7430 SAE (J1349) m33 ESS-VT2650 @ 8.50 PSI, +METH, CAT200, CATDL1, XPCHLG, EXMGT2, 93US, DCT Not Available View Chart Get Files View Details
    571 @ 8400 364 @ 7400 SAE (J1349) per SC-ESSVT2-600 @ 7.50 PSI, CATDEL, XPRPI, 94US, 6MT View Thread View Chart View Details
    567 @ 8140 375 @ 7510 SAE (J1349) m33 ESS-VT2650 @ 8.50 PSI, CAT200, CATDL1, XPCHLG, EXMGT2, 93US, DCT
    Last edited by Andrew@activeautowerke; 11-29-2012 at 11:39 AM.

benzy89 is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

steve you may have just started WW3 on the streets of nj with all this....lol
    As long as you guys have the GoPro's recording.....
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    420 WHP on 93 Octane | 460 WHP on E85
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

back

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    As long as you guys have the GoPro's recording.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpFITa9eYoQ

haha...there will be go pros......LOTS of them

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Some of these make me wonder. The spikes make a ton of power at the end.

577 @ 8475 359 @ 7850 SAE (J1349) Arkym ESS-VT2650 @ 9.00 PSI, EXH-INNTCH, 93US, DCT View Thread View Chart View Details
    575 @ 8225 382 @ 7430 SAE (J1349) m33 ESS-VT2650 @ 8.50 PSI, +METH, CAT200, CATDL1, XPCHLG, EXMGT2, 93US, DCT Not Available View Chart Get Files View Details
    571 @ 8400 364 @ 7400 SAE (J1349) per SC-ESSVT2-600 @ 7.50 PSI, CATDEL, XPRPI, 94US, 6MT View Thread View Chart View Details
    567 @ 8140 375 @ 7510 SAE (J1349) m33 ESS-VT2650 @ 8.50 PSI, CAT200, CATDL1, XPCHLG, EXMGT2, 93US, DCT
    Hi Andrew,

What is it that you mean by spikes? The torque curve seems pretty flat, not sure if I am missing something here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    May God rest Carrol Shelby's soul in peace, but his famous statement was
    nonsense. Torque means nothing, it's the area under the power curve that matters.

What torque is good for? If we have two identical engines, the one that makes more torque in a certain rpm band, makes more power too in that power band as power and torque are somewhat related, and that's why the motor with more torque wins against the other one.

real world experience, we have a trucking company. We have a Volvo FH-16 here that has far better torque/weight ratio than M3 but in lower speeds that aerodynamic has very low effect on the brick-shaped truck, it can barely keep up with a 2 cylinder Fiat 500.
    Exactly. Torque without an engine speed means nothing. Torque with engine speed, however is what horsepower is equal to. So, yes - torque wins races if you can spin an engine to a decent speed.

Another good example is trying to remove a bolt with a 2 foot wrench. The bolt is stuck - however, you are standing on the end of the 2 foot wrench and weigh in at 250 lbs. You are now making 500 ft-lbs of torque. However, since you aren't moving the bolt - no work is getting done, and nothing is happening. Once the bolt moves, you have horsepower. The faster you can turn that wrench with 250 pounds of force, the more you make. Torque is "dimensionless" (this is not an accurate word here - but is good for explanation) - you can have tons of torque at any speed including 0. It means nothing. A great read on this is here (it's long, but extremely good for a full understanding of gearing, high revving engines, torque, etc.) --> http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...819#post347819

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast