Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 82

Thread: Article: APR Stage IV GTI with GT28 turbocharger versus GT35r upgrade Misubishi Evo 8 roll races

              
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,042
    Rep Points
    1,686.5
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Reputation: Yes | No

    The car already has HKS 272 cams with supertec dual springs and titanium retainers. The head is capable of revving to 10k. The stock rods are not. Right now I rev to 8200. Once i put long rods in the car I'll be able to rev to 10K.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wtfmateim65 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if you build the motor and are getting those cams you should swap springs and retainers too! I've read of a few guys w/ built block, cams springs and retainers that rev to 8500 on e85, that would be a monster.
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Almost done





  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    81
    Rep Points
    115.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ^Thats MONEY. Cant wait to see it all set up with some dynos/60-130/1/4mile times.Wow now I want one, miss my AWD Sti days

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,042
    Rep Points
    1,686.5
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Reputation: Yes | No

    yeah i'm going to write a review soon about the switch from my 335i to the Evo. Let's just say this car is super fun to drive and there are SO many parts for it.
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Almost done





  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    755
    Rep Points
    855.7
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah i'm going to write a review soon about the switch from my 335i to the Evo. Let's just say this car is super fun to drive and there are SO many parts for it.
    Im jealous! Revving to 10k RPMs is just crazy. Im in for videos/dynos

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,042
    Rep Points
    1,686.5
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Reputation: Yes | No

    10k revving is still a little ways off. need to decide on 2.0, 2.3 or 2.4 and need to order pistons and rods first. for now have to settle for 8200 RPM

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im jealous! Revving to 10k RPMs is just crazy. Im in for videos/dynos
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Almost done





  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    755
    Rep Points
    855.7
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    10k revving is still a little ways off. need to decide on 2.0, 2.3 or 2.4 and need to order pistons and rods first. for now have to settle for 8200 RPM
    Ah, i see. I have a question: As far as the aftermarket goes, how much cheaper are parts for your Evo? Since its an older + more popular platform, i assume that the aftermarket parts and kits are cheaper?

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,042
    Rep Points
    1,686.5
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Reputation: Yes | No

    There's so many used parts out there. You can pick up a 700hp twin scroll complete turbo kit for less than $3k. I can buy a built shortblock good to 650hp for $2300. I'd say its way cheaper lol
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Almost done





  8. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,042
    Rep Points
    1,686.5
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Oh, that shortblock is new too for $2300
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Almost done





  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    100,503
    Rep Points
    24,156.2
    Mentioned
    1524 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    242


    Reputation: Yes | No

    APR Stage IV GTI with GT28 turbocharger versus GT35r upgrade Misubishi Evo 8 roll races

    This is an interesting matchup between two cars with similar sized and turbocharged four cylinder motors. The main difference here being that the GTI has front wheel drive and the Evo 8 is an all wheel drive vehicle. The front wheel drive layout of the GTI actually helps it in this race despite its smaller turbo due to lower drivetrain losses as it is able to pull the Mitsubishi Evo in a couple of the videos although it is very close between the two.

    Click here to enlarge

    The GTI is an APR shop car said to be Stage 4 which likely includes built motor and heads. The Evo 8 has a GT35r turbo at 21 psi. Both cars are on pump gas. The Evo is said to have 427 horsepower and the GTI is around 385 horsepower. Videos are below.








  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    6,825
    Rep Points
    4,082.6
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    41


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's so many used parts out there. You can pick up a 700hp twin scroll complete turbo kit for less than $3k. I can buy a built shortblock good to 650hp for $2300. I'd say its way cheaper lol
    http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...gory_Code=VEVO

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,042
    Rep Points
    1,686.5
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is actually a turbo made to bolt right to the stock Evo exhaust mani. My next turbo will be a DBB GTX3582r but I have an RNR tubular GT35r mani already so mine will just be an .82/t3 normal Garrett turbo. It'll be a lot cheaper than that one. I'm still selling that HTA3586r. Know anyone that wants it?
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Almost done





  12. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,042
    Rep Points
    1,686.5
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Being on the losing end of a front pager kind of sucks lol
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Almost done





  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    100,503
    Rep Points
    24,156.2
    Mentioned
    1524 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    242


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Being on the losing end of a front pager kind of sucks lol
    Eh not really, the runs are pretty close.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,042
    Rep Points
    1,686.5
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Reputation: Yes | No

    We're having a rematch Friday. This time ill be on the correct boost setting lol
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Almost done





  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    100,503
    Rep Points
    24,156.2
    Mentioned
    1524 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    242


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're having a rematch Friday. This time ill be on the correct boost setting lol
    Create a new thread for it, put all runs in 1 vid.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,042
    Rep Points
    1,686.5
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Ok. I can do that
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Almost done





  17. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,548
    Rep Points
    2,049.1
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Crazy how fast you're moving lol.

    Good luck with the build!! You gotta go sc m3 hunting soon. 600 whp with that rear should be enough to run with any blown m3s id imagine. And slaughter in 1/4 et wise.
    2009 FBO RB'd mtech e92 6AT - 11.3@126
    2008 FBO CR e82 6M - 12.0@120 - Sold

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,042
    Rep Points
    1,686.5
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Crazy how fast you're moving lol.

    Good luck with the build!! You gotta go sc m3 hunting soon. 600 whp with that rear should be enough to run with any blown m3s id imagine. And slaughter in 1/4 et wise.
    theres a hpf stage 3 e46 here but he doesn't race it. The fastest car around is my buddy's e85 GTR but he just sold it. He'll ce back with something as fast or faster. I'm hoping high 10s on stock motor and 10flat on built motor.
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Almost done





  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    100,503
    Rep Points
    24,156.2
    Mentioned
    1524 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    242


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    theres a hpf stage 3 e46 here but he doesn't race it.
    What does he do? Stare at it?

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,042
    Rep Points
    1,686.5
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does he do? Stare at it?
    Actually yes. Parks it and everyone looks at it. I tried to get him to race my 335i more than once
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Almost done





  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    100,503
    Rep Points
    24,156.2
    Mentioned
    1524 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    242


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually yes. Parks it and everyone looks at it. I tried to get him to race my 335i more than once
    You should slap him.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,548
    Rep Points
    2,049.1
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You should slap him.

    agreed ... you actually should be into the 9s on the built motor... no reason why not with the right tire all around (r888's even) and your supporting mods and turbo that you say you are going to get... even with 450ish you should be flirting with 10s with a 1.5 60ft or so
    2009 FBO RB'd mtech e92 6AT - 11.3@126
    2008 FBO CR e82 6M - 12.0@120 - Sold

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    755
    Rep Points
    855.7
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's so many used parts out there. You can pick up a 700hp twin scroll complete turbo kit for less than $3k. I can buy a built shortblock good to 650hp for $2300. I'd say its way cheaper lol
    Wow thats insane Click here to enlarge STI platform similar?

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    471
    Rep Points
    797.8
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow thats insane Click here to enlarge STI platform similar?
    Hell no lol

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    663
    Rep Points
    600.5
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're having a rematch Friday. This time ill be on the correct boost setting lol
    ugh...It may be the APR shop car but it's still an FSI running a gt28r so this is going to be hilariously brutal.. I honestly can't wait to see it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •