Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you wrote the 335 was a money pit. evos are def sick cars that give back a lot but are DEF more of a money pit than the 335... better if you do things right like people reccomended above like the built tranny and transfer case... but they are mean ass cars..

good luck with it
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sick Evo build. Looks good!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    So, in for video of this thing on some actual boost. It looked asleep in the first set of videos, so hopefully it wakes up on 21 lbs. BTW, I made over 400 awhp on stock evo 8 turbo with just a little more boost that you are running on that 35r. I would think that can should be capable of much more than 421 whp with 21 psi from a gt3582. with those new mods, you should take her and get a one off tune from a pro.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm heading to the 1/4mi Sat. Should get a rematch with the GTI on the way there too. Car will be running 21psi on the way there. Ill get race gas at the track and run 25psi after that.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    I'm heading to the 1/4mi Sat. Should get a rematch with the GTI on the way there too. Car will be running 21psi on the way there. Ill get race gas at the track and run 25psi after that.
    That would be slaughter LOL. The stage 4 gti still has room for more power though. It has a built bottom end/ motor as well. Your turbo is much bigger though so you're in favor.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I should find out tomorrow if my internals are upgraded or not. If they are I might put the HTA86r on.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How do you like the HTA86r?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    So, in for video of this thing on some actual boost. It looked asleep in the first set of videos, so hopefully it wakes up on 21 lbs. BTW, I made over 400 awhp on stock evo 8 turbo with just a little more boost that you are running on that 35r. I would think that can should be capable of much more than 421 whp with 21 psi from a gt3582. with those new mods, you should take her and get a one off tune from a pro.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How do you like the HTA86r?
    I didnt end up with it. I havent been on this board in awhile so I havent changed my sig. I'm going to see what I can do with this turbo before maybe going to a bw batmowheel turbo. Think same spool but capable of 100+more whp.
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    That would be slaughter LOL. The stage 4 gti still has room for more power though. It has a built bottom end/ motor as well. Your turbo is much bigger though so you're in favor.
    if only this was a TSI with a GT30. It would be a pretty good race....wonder how far he is from Pat_GLI.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Update. Just ordered HKS 280 cams and baschur ported intake mani. Can't wait to get all these parts on and tuned!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Update. Just ordered HKS 280 cams and baschur ported intake mani. Can't wait to get all these parts on and tuned!
    Well, when you install the cams you'll know if its built or not! Lets see some footage of real boost on that monster man. 15 psi is childs play.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, when you install the cams you'll know if its built or not! Lets see some footage of real boost on that monster man. 15 psi is childs play.
    15psi was an accident. LOL I was showing a buddy the car and accidentally pressed a button on the Greddy profec boost controller. I wasn't sure if it was set on high or low setting previously so I just put it on low and left it. After the race I downloaded the instruction manual and figured out how to work the boost controler. Come to find out I was supposed to be on the high setting, 21psi. I'll be putting all of the new parts on at the same time, with the internals if it needs them. Car prob won't see over 21 psi for a while. 21psi is supposed to be good for 421HP though. We'll see what kind of 1/4mi time I can get Sat and how it does in my GTI rematch on the 21psi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    15psi was an accident. LOL I was showing a buddy the car and accidentally pressed a button on the Greddy profec boost controller. I wasn't sure if it was set on high or low setting previously so I just put it on low and left it. After the race I downloaded the instruction manual and figured out how to work the boost controler. Come to find out I was supposed to be on the high setting, 21psi. I'll be putting all of the new parts on at the same time, with the internals if it needs them. Car prob won't see over 21 psi for a while. 21psi is supposed to be good for 421HP though. We'll see what kind of 1/4mi time I can get Sat and how it does in my GTI rematch on the 21psi.
    LOL, I want more now though! haha.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Trust me I want more boost too!!!! Below is a list of parts I've bought for the car in the week I've owned it LOL!
    Wally 400LPH e85 pump (actually bought it for my 335i)
    FIC 1250cc injectors
    FIC Fuel rail
    HKS 280 cams
    AEM Adjustable Cam gears
    Omni 4 Bar Map sensor
    Gates Blue kevlar timing belt
    HKS Catback exhaust (the Apexi on it was way too loud)
    Transfer case (sending it to shepard for rebuild)
    Baschur ported intake manifold
    HVAC relocation kit
    double din dash kit
    Tactrix Cable (for logging/tuning)
    Evo 9 rear bumper with difuser
    Have a bid for an Aquamist HFS-6 (still haven't decided on meth or e85) If I get the meth kit it'll be too good of a deal to turn down.

I can't wait to put it all on with that FP HTA 3586r turbo and new tune!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Car already had one huge list of mods, you just added/changed them up so much already!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Which boost controller? On my Honda I wired my profec B to the horn switch so I could switch between high and low boost on the fly.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It has a profec B. the boost controler is mounted on the steering column though, I can switch from low to high boost whenever. Can't change ECU maps though unless I turn the car off.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Which boost controller? On my Honda I wired my profec B to the horn switch so I could switch between high and low boost on the fly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It was a very conservative build. Conservative as far as good HP but very dependable and not gonna blow up. I'm not a conservative type guy! I'm a push the envelope type guy. Don't mod it if you can't afford to blow it up. That's why I had to get rid of the 335i. Couldn't afford a new motor if I blew it up. LOL

Car already had one huge list of mods, you just added/changed them up so much already!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It was a very conservative build. Conservative as far as good HP but very dependable and not gonna blow up. I'm not a conservative type guy! I'm a push the envelope type guy. Don't mod it if you can't afford to blow it up. That's why I had to get rid of the 335i. Couldn't afford a new motor if I blew it up. LOL
    LOL, by all means I am in your same position. However the evo is not that cheap if blown either! Don't do too many launches, kills the tranny. If the motor is built, most I'd go on stock block is prob 5-600 whp. Amazing traction though, god am I jealous of that. I want to get an evo myself and put a GTX3582.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

There is a all original never modded blue Evo 8 in mint condition with 10k miles for sale on the Evo forum for $17k. Also a fully built 600hp shop car for sale. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Evo was my baby. I loved that car. first new I car bought myself (in college). I ordered mine 8 months before they came and had the 10th sold. I miss that car.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Had oil pan pulled yesterday. Car has stock internals. I'm trying to decide now on putting 2.3 or 2.0 long rod setup in this block or buying a built 2.4 long rod from MAP. Waiting on estimate from my local shop to build this block.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Picked up some goodies today. Bought a fully built Shep trans with taller gears and 4.11 final drive today. My transfer case core also came in today. It goes to shep tomorrow for rebuild. Finally decided to just get a set of ID2000cc injectors i really didn't want to spend that kind of money on 4 injectors but everyone says they're the best so.... My bashur racing ported intake mani came in today too. Looks like I'll be getting my 400lph wally put in with the injectors, FIC fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator and intake mani next week along with the e85 tune. Tranny and TC install will prob be the following week. Then I'm going to figure out what I'm going to do turbo wise. I'm selling the HTA 3586r, too much lag for my taste. I'm looking at making my current GT35r a DBB with billet wheels. should spool 500 RPM faster than now with same topend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

dyno from previous owner. 24psi on pump gas.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if you build the motor and are getting those cams you should swap springs and retainers too! I've read of a few guys w/ built block, cams springs and retainers that rev to 8500 on e85, that would be a monster.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast