Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    97.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No

    BMW Alpina B7 takes down 392 Challenger - 1/4 mile Drag Vid


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    515
    Rep Points
    621.9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    How embarrassing for the 392.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    436
    Rep Points
    221.4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The new B7 runs a 12.26 nice! I've never been impressed with the challenger! It's alot money to run 13s back in the day and still alot of money to run mid 12s today!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    743.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    those challengers are stupid heavy and not impressive.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    515
    Rep Points
    621.9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    those challengers are stupid heavy and not impressive.
    Agreed. The car should have been given an upscale interior and marketed as a personal luxery car/grand tourer instead of a muscle car.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,921
    Rep Points
    916.4
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Dodge sucks...I don't like anything they build. Dodge cummins is a good truck, but still 3rd behind Chevy and Ford in my book. I hate the viper, and I really hate this car. Walking onto a Dodge dealership lot is like walking down a dark alley in NYC, be ready for a hit in the face and your wallet emptied...Click here to enlarge
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,218
    Rep Points
    27,154.3
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Watch an F01 Alpina B7 beat down a Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 (6.4 liter) in the 1/4 mile

    BMW does not make an M version of the 7-Series (although one may be coming). The closest thing is the F01 Alpina B7 which features an N63 V8 like the F01 750i although with upgraded turbochargers for a total of 540 horsepower. Alpina shares a close relationship with BMW and fills niche spots in the BMW lineup with models such as the B7. How quick is it? Well check out the B7 decisively beating a Dodge Challenger SRT8 with a 6.4 liter Hemi V8 in the video below.

    Click here to enlarge

    The Challenger has the larger motor by 2 liters but it is naturally aspirated with 470 horsepower. It weighs 4160 pounds which is much lighter than the 4700 pounds of the B7.

    What is interesting to note is this B7 does much better in this video on the drag strip than the numbers MotorTrend recorded in the 1/4 mile which were 12.6 @ 113.6. Regardless, the B7 does very well decisively beating the Challenger SRT8 and whetting appetites everywhere for what an M7 could potentially do.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,218
    Rep Points
    27,154.3
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dodge sucks...I don't like anything they build. Dodge cummins is a good truck, but still 3rd behind Chevy and Ford in my book. I hate the viper, and I really hate this car. Walking onto a Dodge dealership lot is like walking down a dark alley in NYC, be ready for a hit in the face and your wallet emptied...Click here to enlarge
    The Hemi V8's are awesome and the Viper is a badass car. Dodge doesn't suck and the Jeep SRT8 models are sweet as well.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,218
    Rep Points
    27,154.3
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed. The car should have been given an upscale interior and marketed as a personal luxery car/grand tourer instead of a muscle car.
    It is a muscle car and not a luxury car. They can be upgraded considerably and have great looks.

    What is wrong with this exactly?


  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,921
    Rep Points
    916.4
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Hemi V8's are awesome and the Viper is a badass car. Dodge doesn't suck and the Jeep SRT8 models are sweet as well.
    See, I just disagree, no worries though, matter of opinion. I do like most things Jeep, just not actual dodge badged vehicles. Or Chrysler especially. Jeep is OK tho.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is a muscle car and not a luxury car. They can be upgraded considerably and have great looks.

    What is wrong with this exactly?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Jjtx_G4jk
    I'm sure we can find plenty of $#@!ty cars that have been nodded to run a 10second 1/4, what's your point? And seriously, just go to the track more often, challengers and chargers are slowest american muscle by far.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    254
    Rep Points
    440.2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Damn, that F01 is moving

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,218
    Rep Points
    27,154.3
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure we can find plenty of $#@!ty cars that have been nodded to run a 10second 1/4, what's your point? And seriously, just go to the track more often, challengers and chargers are slowest american muscle by far.
    Is it stock cars running at the track?

    So you're saying a naturally aspirated V8 sucks because it loses to a twin turbo V8? Um, what is faster? Aftermarket SRT8's or BMW 7-Series?

    Just because it isn't running 10's stock doesn't make it slow. It's a 12 second car with a ton of potential calling it slow is dumb.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    254
    Rep Points
    440.2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Agreed sticky, to call these cars crap is stupid, I've seen boosted 300s pushing 10s full weight
    Because racecar.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,921
    Rep Points
    916.4
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it stock cars running at the track?

    So you're saying a naturally aspirated V8 sucks because it loses to a twin turbo V8? Um, what is faster? Aftermarket SRT8's or BMW 7-Series?

    Just because it isn't running 10's stock doesn't make it slow. It's a 12 second car with a ton of potential calling it slow is dumb.
    How the $#@! are you insinuating my opinion is based off of this one video? Did I not say go to the track more often? They are slower than the competition stock versus stock, and take a lot of work to reach into the 10s, which not many have done.they are the worst performer in their class and in IMO don't look good either, so what use is a muscle car if it's slow and doesn't look good? No way around it...they're slow cars.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,921
    Rep Points
    916.4
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostedmaserati Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed sticky, to call these cars crap is stupid, I've seen boosted 300s pushing 10s full weight
    Oh Jesus...are your knees callused yet? I can call any car I want crap, that is an opinion. They are slow cars and take a ton of work to be competitive in even a straight line let alone on a road course. Boosted 300s pushing 10s? Big $#@!ing woop, I've seen full weight cummins trucks run 9s, what's your point? Any car is fast if you throw money at it. These cars are heavy, not aerodynamic, have awful suspension, drive like crap, non responsive steering, they are just a not good car. I've driven them, I've raced against them, and seen plenty line up at the track against stock and lightly nodded mustangs and camaros. They're just not impressive. You know a stock srt8 barely outruns a stock 5.0 right? And that's only with a good driver.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,218
    Rep Points
    27,154.3
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How the $#@! are you insinuating my opinion is based off of this one video? Did I not say go to the track more often? They are slower than the competition stock versus stock, and take a lot of work to reach into the 10s, which not many have done.they are the worst performer in their class and in IMO don't look good either, so what use is a muscle car if it's slow and doesn't look good? No way around it...they're slow cars.
    WTF are you talking about going to the track more often? I probably have more passes under my belt during a single rental than you get all year. What difference does it make anyway?

    I've been at the strip with a Challenger running 10's and that was the 6.1 motor. That was also four years ago. So maybe you need to get out to the strip some more to see what these things can actually do? It doesn't take a lot of work it takes a bolt on SC.

    It's faster than a stock 335 isn't it? Yet you aren't faulting the 335 for being slow? We have a guy running 8's here with the Hemi V8. Yeah that's oh so slow.

    No way around it, you don't know what you're talking about.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,218
    Rep Points
    27,154.3
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh Jesus...are your knees callused yet? I can call any car I want crap, that is an opinion. They are slow cars and take a ton of work to be competitive in even a straight line let alone on a road course. Boosted 300s pushing 10s? Big $#@!ing woop, I've seen full weight cummins trucks run 9s, what's your point? Any car is fast if you throw money at it. These cars are heavy, not aerodynamic, have awful suspension, drive like crap, non responsive steering, they are just a not good car. I've driven them, I've raced against them, and seen plenty line up at the track against stock and lightly nodded mustangs and camaros. They're just not impressive. You know a stock srt8 barely outruns a stock 5.0 right? And that's only with a good driver.
    SRT8's suck. Guess this Jeep is a piece of crap too because it can't hang with a Cayenne Turbo S out of the box right?


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    254
    Rep Points
    440.2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh Jesus...are your knees callused yet? I can call any car I want crap, that is an opinion. They are slow cars and take a ton of work to be competitive in even a straight line let alone on a road course. Boosted 300s pushing 10s? Big $#@!ing woop, I've seen full weight cummins trucks run 9s, what's your point? Any car is fast if you throw money at it. These cars are heavy, not aerodynamic, have awful suspension, drive like crap, non responsive steering, they are just a not good car. I've driven them, I've raced against them, and seen plenty line up at the track against stock and lightly nodded mustangs and camaros. They're just not impressive. You know a stock srt8 barely outruns a stock 5.0 right? And that's only with a good driver.
    I've been drag racing for 10 years, and I know damn good and well what it takes to do what with what car, and putting a Hemi I'm the 10s is only this impossible feat you make it out to be if you're a moron, plain and simple. Driver mod also goes a long way, but I'm sure you know that with your know it all attitude.
    Who cares about road course and handling? This was a drag discussion anyway, I can't think of any reason to take a muscle car on a road course except to look retarded.
    Everything you said about this car, not being aerodynamic, having $#@!ty suspension and handling blah blah.... sounds like a true muscle car from where I'm sitting
    Because racecar.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,921
    Rep Points
    916.4
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SRT8's suck. Guess this Jeep is a piece of crap too because it can't hang with a Cayenne Turbo S out of the box right?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYiHDoNajDY
    Yup, seen plenty of fast Jeep's no doubt
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,921
    Rep Points
    916.4
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostedmaserati Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been drag racing for 10 years, and I know damn good and well what it takes to do what with what car, and putting a Hemi I'm the 10s is only this impossible feat you make it out to be if you're a moron, plain and simple. Driver mod also goes a long way, but I'm sure you know that with your know it all attitude.
    Who cares about road course and handling? This was a drag discussion anyway, I can't think of any reason to take a muscle car on a road course except to look retarded.
    Everything you said about this car, not being aerodynamic, having $#@!ty suspension and handling blah blah.... sounds like a true muscle car from where I'm sitting
    I voiced my opinion on how I feel about most Dodge cars in general, then for some reason my "opinion" was challenged. I explained why I felt this way, so no, strictly talking about drag performance makes no sense since my opinion is NOT based solely off of dragstrip performance. I do stand by how far behind I believe these cars are to other american muscle cars in the performance category, are you really arguing that? You really feel the challenger is above the mustang in peformance? Or the camaro? Also, SRT models are suppose to have superior handling, according to Dodge, so why not bring up suspension? I never said putting a hemi in the 10's in impossible, not at all, but the chassis is so bad it takes a ton of power to do it. No doubt hemi's are a capable motor, never said they weren't, but that's not the whole car is it?

    Yeah, sticky the Dodge flagship all-american muscle car on average squeaks by a luxury sedan by less than half a second in the quarter mile....what I am thinking?

    You guys crack me up how bent out of a shape you can get because some guy just doesn't like a car that you obviously do. How old are you? You wanna throw up videos of some of the fastest SRT models you can find and call it normal? LOL

    It's funny enough all the videos of SRT8's are against SS's and 5.0's....why even bother racing there actual price matched competition right? N/A? Yes, ok, that's cool. Lets see how a SRT8 with a blower fairs against a 5.0 with a boss intake mani and nitrous...I bet it doesn't end well for the challenger...I mean so many scenarios all coming back to the chassis that takes a ton of power to overcome, plain and simple.
    @boostedmaserati you've been drag racing for 10 years so now you can tell someone their opinion of a car is wrong? LOL just laughable whatever arguments you guys make it will not make the challenger any faster...





    so funny they use the SRT8 instead of the R/T
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,921
    Rep Points
    916.4
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Oh and yeah...

    Dodge Challenger 392 Absolute bare bones base price- $46,680

    Chevy Camaro SS- $34,050

    Fort Mustang GT- $31,210

    So...which would you pick?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    254
    Rep Points
    440.2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I never argued the Mustang wasn't a better car, I don't see anyone who did. We were arguing that the challenger isn't the pos you called it out to be.
    That's all, and truth be told I don't love challengers, I don't love any American car. But I do respect their capabilities, plain and simple.
    Because racecar.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    436
    Rep Points
    221.4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh and yeah...

    Dodge Challenger 392 Absolute bare bones base price- $46,680

    Chevy Camaro SS- $34,050

    Fort Mustang GT- $31,210

    So...which would you pick?

    E60 m5 used for 25k Click here to enlarge

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,921
    Rep Points
    916.4
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    E60 m5 used for 25k Click here to enlarge
    LOL, yeah used is a whole nother story. If I could do it again I would have more seriously looked into some e46 M3's before buying my 335i. I just really like the e9x body style.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,218
    Rep Points
    27,154.3
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh and yeah...

    Dodge Challenger 392 Absolute bare bones base price- $46,680

    Chevy Camaro SS- $34,050

    Fort Mustang GT- $31,210

    So...which would you pick?
    You pick whichever one you like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •