Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Hennessey Venom - 270.49 record run

Link is safe - it's off the TopGear website: http://bcove.me/vwfnwjss

Quick car - and sounds like a monster. Pulling .4-.5gs at 180-200MPH? I can't even imagine. That's what my car might pull from 60-100.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I bet this car has 300 in it.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

My god that thing sounds awesome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They are such sweet cars, look awesome, sound awesome, perform awesome, I just have a problem paying all that coin for more or less a kit car from a performance shop.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    They are such sweet cars, look awesome, sound awesome, perform awesome, I just have a problem paying all that coin for more or less a kit car from a performance shop.
    Kit car? Your joking right?

Please tell me what parts from the original donor car remain (ok, floor board under the seat remains as does basic body shape. Venom is stretched I think 18 inches.

Can you imagine the top speed if this was run at the grounds where the venom or sscc set their marks.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This can be beaten.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge

Please tell me what parts from the original donor car remain (ok, floor board under the seat remains as does basic body shape. Venom is stretched I think 18 inches.

Can you imagine the top speed if this was run at the grounds where the venom or sscc set their marks.
    Edit...should read where the Veyron set its mark...
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I just got this directly from the website. The kinda sounds a lot like a kit car to me. Doesn't mean its not a bad ass car though!

"Note: The Hennessey Venom GT design is based on the Lotus Elise / Exige. The Venom GT is created from a base Lotus Elise / Exige and utilizes components including but not limited to the roof, doors, side glass, windscreen, dash, cockpit, floorpan, HVAC system, wiper and headlights. Hennessey Performance and the Venom GT are not associated with Lotus Cars."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I just got this directly from the website. The kinda sounds a lot like a kit car to me. Doesn't mean its not a bad ass car though!

"Note: The Hennessey Venom GT design is based on the Lotus Elise / Exige. The Venom GT is created from a base Lotus Elise / Exige and utilizes components including but not limited to the roof, doors, side glass, windscreen, dash, cockpit, floorpan, HVAC system, wiper and headlights. Hennessey Performance and the Venom GT are not associated with Lotus Cars."
    Yeah, it is stretched, modded, w/e. The lambo kit cars and Ferrari kit cars aren't actual Ferrari's either....but you can buy one and put a $100k drivetrain it, even mod the chassis and body all out for another $50k and still only pay $250k, and that's being absolutely stupid with it. So please tell me how this car is worth a starting price of $850k?

It is essentially a kit car cause it uses parts and design from other cars and is built by a performance shop, not a car manufacturer. Like I said, sweet car, awesome car, but unfortunately it's Hennessy...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

He's right though it's basically just a stretched Lotus with a big motor crammed inside.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, it is stretched, modded, w/e. The lambo kit cars and Ferrari kit cars aren't actual Ferrari's either....but you can buy one and put a $100k drivetrain it, even mod the chassis and body all out for another $50k and still only pay $250k, and that's being absolutely stupid with it. So please tell me how this car is worth a starting price of $850k?

It is essentially a kit car cause it uses parts and design from other cars and is built by a performance shop, not a car manufacturer. Like I said, sweet car, awesome car, but unfortunately it's Hennessy...
    Wait that thing is 850K, bahaha. God Hennessy has lost all touch with reality.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

i Bet i can make a lotus exige go 270 with a built turbo k24 putting down 1200whp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    People are going to buy this though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    People are going to buy this though.
    Going to? They have been making 10 per year since 2011 and lets just say there's a waiting list...I just don't get it.
    @VargasTurboTech yes...I know a bit ridiculous eh? This car would be more fitting if it was from Lotus, was their supercar competitor, and was priced competitively with the 458 and LFA.

The pricing actually starts at $600,000 but you don't get the same performance, to get the car you always see tested you're actually dolling out $1.2 million, oh yeah, plus tax, tag, title, oh AND shipping. Wikipedia actually says $1m, but that was upon initial release, Hennessey themselves released a press release some time ago that the latest version was $1.2 million...so the question is....

VenomGT or Koenigsegg Agera R? I'll take the Agera R myself

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Going to? They have been making 10 per year since 2011 and lets just say there's a waiting list...I just don't get it.
    Anything expensive and exclusive that performs will have buyers from people who get these simply because they can.

Would I pay that much for this even if I had the money? $#@! no.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @VargasTurboTech yes...I know a bit ridiculous eh? This car would be more fitting if it was from Lotus, was their supercar competitor, and was priced competitively with the 458 and LFA.

The pricing actually starts at $600,000 but you don't get the same performance, to get the car you always see tested you're actually dolling out $1.2 million, oh yeah, plus tax, tag, title, oh AND shipping. Wikipedia actually says $1m, but that was upon initial release, Hennessey themselves released a press release some time ago that the latest version was $1.2 million...so the question is....

VenomGT or Koenigsegg Agera R? I'll take the Agera R myself
    For that money, Pagani Huayra pls.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    For that money, Pagani Huayra pls.
    Jesus, I keep forgetting this car exists now, I'm not sure how how as it's so badass...I need to play some more NFS:Rivals and unlock it. I may have to change my choice to the Huaryra as well...it's so awesome

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

world's greatest drag race: huayra vs venom gt vs agera r
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's the point of doing this run if you're not going to do it in both directions so even if it's not official due to production numbers you can at least say you have the fastest car tested the same way as the cars you're beating? This guy really can't do anything without coming off shady...

Click here to enlarge

/
    //A L E X A N D R E 1983 Photography///ALX1983.COM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just because you have money does not make you a smart person....HPE makes their living on that notion. They make a 250k TT CTS-V that my V will likely be able to run down and their car has a 427 and MID MOUNTED....nothing special about that car.....it can be built exactly like it for 60k motor, and turbo kit installed....matter of fact i cant wait till the one by me shows up at cars and coffee...."oh you have a special edition?....only 12 in the world?....check this out......its 1 of 1 and 1/8th the cost of what you paid"
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    Just because you have money does not make you a smart person....HPE makes their living on that notion. They make a 250k TT CTS-V that my V will likely be able to run down and their car has a 427 and MID MOUNTED....nothing special about that car.....it can be built exactly like it for 60k motor, and turbo kit installed....matter of fact i cant wait till the one by me shows up at cars and coffee...."oh you have a special edition?....only 12 in the world?....check this out......its 1 of 1 and 1/8th the cost of what you paid"
    That's a good point. It's sorta like anything else - people who understand what you said, and who are capable of either having the knowledge or connections to make it all work "get it". The people who don't are the ones who are buying a HPE700-1000 CTS-V for a ridiculous markup. Some people care about warranty (likely the same group of people who don't have the connections/knowledge) - and that's likely what they think they are paying for.

As far as performance/dollar, does it make financial sense? Not unless you are the first to tread the water - and for people like you, hell no.

I am shocked this Hennessey was that much - I didn't know they went for this high of a price. That's ridiculous. As someone pointed out above, you could get a damn (almost) McLaren P1 (sold out... boo), or a full McLaren 12C for the same price. And I know for a fact the McLaren is engineered by geniuses/fanatics - and it's nearly perfect. The Hennessey on the other hand? Not so sure.

I just checked their site - I didn't know they did blower packages for the M3: http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...pe475-sn1.html

Interesting stuff...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i wouldnt touch them with a 5 ft pole....
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jesus, I keep forgetting this car exists now, I'm not sure how how as it's so badass...I need to play some more NFS:Rivals and unlock it. I may have to change my choice to the Huaryra as well...it's so awesome
    It’s absolute perfection. Have you seen the “Chris Harris On Cars” where he drives it? The passion of everyone involved with Pagani comes through so well…it’s so awesome. I wants.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    It’s absolute perfection. Have you seen the “Chris Harris On Cars” where he drives it? The passion of everyone involved with Pagani comes through so well…it’s so awesome. I wants.

I'll check it out - you got a link (are you talking about the Venom or the Pagani video?)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    I'll check it out - you got a link (are you talking about the Venom or the Pagani video?)

The Pagani. Lol I could care less about this kit car, Hennessy is silly. Iím sorry to threadjack but itís worth it in this context to see what you can buy for the cost of a hacked up Lotus. The level of care, thought, and nuance put into Paganis is truly astounding. This is a special vehicle, there is nothing I would rather own.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast