Close

    • 2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo 4.0 V8 ShifTech dyno tune results - 632 horsepower

      For whatever reason the Lamborghini Urus is getting all the tuning attention despite the third generation Porsche Cayenne Turbo sharing similar engine architecture. Both performance SUV's have a 4.0 liter twin turbo V8 which each brand then tweaks for their own use.


      The Cayenne Turbo starts in a lower state of tune (as it should for the money) with a 550 horsepower crank output rating which based on the ShifTech graph is slightly underrated.

      With just a pump gas ECU flash output goes up to 632 horsepower:


      Torque goes up from 635 lb-ft to 741 lb-ft at the crank.

      Considering a stock Cayenne Turbo will run 11.8 @ 115.8 in the 1/4 mile the tuned version should easily be in the low 11's.

      Porsche Cayenne Turbo 4.0T V8
      ▪️ Annoncé par le constructeur : 550ch | 770Nm
      ▪️ Mesuré origine : 564ch | 862Nm
      ▪️ Reprogrammation ShifTech : 632ch | 1005Nm !

      This article was originally published in forum thread: 2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo 4.0 V8 ShifTech dyno tune results - 632 horsepower started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 10 Comments
      1. nbrigdan's Avatar
        nbrigdan -
        Is this engine shared with the Panemera GTS? That seems like the tuning value in the Porsche four door lineup with the 4.0T V8.

        741 lb-ft is insane.
      1. George@BMS's Avatar
        George@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nbrigdan Click here to enlarge
        Is this engine shared with the Panemera GTS? That seems like the tuning value in the Porsche four door lineup with the 4.0T V8.

        741 lb-ft is insane.
        Yes, its the same motor.
      1. billvp's Avatar
        billvp -
        What is the point of the different scales for torque & hp?
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by billvp Click here to enlarge
        What is the point of the different scales for torque & hp?
        Horsepower vs. newton-meters
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George@BMS Click here to enlarge
        Yes, its the same motor.
        This is incorrect. The Panamera Turbo shares the same motor with the Cayenne Turbo.

        The Panamera GTS has a detuned 4.0 TT V8. Both TT V8's but obviously not the same.
      1. George@BMS's Avatar
        George@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        This is incorrect. The Panamera Turbo shares the same motor with the Cayenne Turbo.

        The Panamera GTS has a detuned 4.0 TT V8. Both TT V8's but obviously not the same.
        I read actual engine. Not if one has similar turbos to the other. Same way it would read Urus has same engine as this.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George@BMS Click here to enlarge
        I read actual engine. Not if one has similar turbos to the other. Same way it would read Urus has same engine as this.
        Same architecture is how I would state it but either way it's clarified.
      1. George@BMS's Avatar
        George@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Same architecture is how I would state it but either way it's clarified.
        When you see it Click here to enlarge

        Attachment 59502
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George@BMS Click here to enlarge
        When you see it
        What am I looking for?
      1. George@BMS's Avatar
        George@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        What am I looking for?
        Turbos say VW AG on all of the 4.0TT.