Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cant wait Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dang... hardcore Pcar enthusiast...Respect!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Finally got this tune installed today, drove around for about 60 miles trying different things. Lots of traffic everywhere so I was not able to get a pull in my favorite gear (4th).

This things rips. The torque is big and it keeps climbing and climbing faster and harder to redline. It almost feels more NA than before. The ride feels a little more eager in a good way. It's ready to go hard and fast. It flows like silk through the wind in normal mode with little throttle. You can glide to 60/70 so freely now with such little effort. The torque gauge on the AP showed that I was making 523 ft/lb of torque at the crank. Not sure if it's accurate but it's pretty cool to see.

I decided to be greedy and drove over to a station with 95 octane and loaded up the 93 map. Since 93 is not readily available in AZ I'll be having to revert the 91 which is going to make me a little sad. I also have headers/bypass pipes/BMC filter.

All my runs were in 100+ weather. Bone dry out there today and the night is ending with a storm so I can't get any cooler temp runs in. We'll see.

I have a few interesting thing to note. First the heat soak. My friend managed to film the Accessport and my tach/speedo at the same time during a test run from 1st gear to early 4th gear. The intake air temps rose tremendously. I will post some screen shots of the video clip. The air intake temp can be seen on the AP's left center gauge. Now I'm not saying I felt the car heat soak because I didn't. It took hard pulls and driving from first through third in the heat with issues or signs of choke what so ever.

In this first screen shot. Im just hitting the throttle from a roll. Note the IAT at 118.4f.
    Click here to enlarge

In this second screen shot we are nearing redline in third gear, still at WOT. IAT at 132.8f.
    Click here to enlarge

In the final screen shot, I have just let off the throttle. Note the IAT at 154.4f
    Click here to enlarge

YIKES. Not sure if this is due to the pavement being between 140-150 degrees. Pavement in AZ radiates heat off the ground. When winter comes around along with stage 2 or stage 2+. This thing is gonna be a laser beam (sorry east coast guys).

More things I noted:

-AP oil temp reading was at 188f but the stock gauge was showing 204f
    -OEM boost gauge stays pegged at 19psi. Stock it would flicker 19psi near redline only.
    - Tires break loose on concrete roads from a dig. Grips on tarmac better.
    - I managed to get a launch with no wheel spin... Holy crap. AP showed a 0-60 time of 3.2. I short shifted 1st gear on that run prematurely as I was anticipating wheel spin. I wouldn't be surprised if I could get to 60 in 3.0 seconds or less.

Lastly, Cobb has hidden the Air/Fuel gauge from us. This is BS. There's also no real boost gauge like all the other AP's for other cars. Every other damn platform gets the AFR/Boost gauge but they've censored it on the 991.2. Why? Intellectual property? Who knows but it's effin BS. I wan't my AFR/Boost numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great review, sounds quick.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice Lava. Thank you for sharing. It will be interesting to see what innercoolers do for the heat soak.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Meth I need meth... ;-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can't log AFR??? That's sad......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks guys. Yeah, no AFR gauge but a myriad of other useless ones. I liked impeller RPM.

The tune has a lot more left in it. I can sense more power to be unlocked.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345