Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2390 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Sports betting legalized

I'm sure many of you heard about this:

"The NFL's long-standing and unwavering commitment to protecting the integrity of our game remains absolute," a league spokesman said in a statement Monday after the Supreme Court found the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992 to be unconstitutional. "Congress has long-recognized the potential harms posed by sports betting to the integrity of sporting contests and the public confidence in these events. Given that history, we intend to call on Congress again, this time to enact a core regulatory framework for legalized sports betting. We also will work closely with our clubs to ensure that any state efforts that move forward in the meantime protect our fans and the integrity of our game."

The Supreme Court struck down PASPA, paving a way for states to legalize sports betting. As states move forward, the NFL's focus is on Washington, D.C., and the league might have found a political partner in veteran Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah, who said Monday he will introduce sports betting legislation.
    Each state will now need to enact their own policies I guess but this is big. Potential huge fantasy football implications too.

Wish I owned a pro team...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, online poker next? Obama admin shut that sh*t down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2390 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    So, online poker next? Obama admin shut that sh*t down.
    Let's hope. The fact you can't play online poker for money is idiotic. I'm so sick of government overreach.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Let's hope. The fact you can't play online poker for money is idiotic. I'm so sick of government overreach.
    There is a new crypto online poker site, coinpoker. Their coin is an Ethereum based ECR20 token(CHP), up 46% today.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2390 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    There is a new crypto online poker site, coinpoker. Their coin is an Ethereum based ECR20 token(CHP), up 46% today.
    Now would be a good time to set up a crypto sports betting site...